Drug Test City is proud to announce that we are now offering an in house certification for drug testing technicians.
To take the test and get you or your staff certified go to our testing page here.
The test is available for anyone to take. It is not equivalent to any diploma or degree, but is not easy and certification requires significant aptitude and knowledge.
Drug Test Technician Certification
Some things to know before you begin:
- There are 25 questions worth 4 points each.
- You must select your answer carefully as you are not allowed to change an answer once selected.
- A passing score is 87%.
- You have 20 minutes to finish the test.
- Be Sure to enter your name and email address so your results and certification can be sent.
- If you fail the test you can retake it again in 1 week. If you fail the test again you must wait 2 weeks, and so on.
- Anyone not adhering to the re-take timeframe will not be granted certification.
- Since this certification is a benefit for our clients and not a certification, the client is allowed to proctor the test for their employees and they decide whether their employees can use resources during the test.
- Once you complete the test your results will be submitted to our staff who will issue your certification.
- All of the answers can be found on the Drug Test City website. The questions were taken from drug test product pages (specifically the page for our 12 Panel Drug Test and internal links on that page) and the blog.
- For users that fail the test a study guide with links to pages with all the answers is provided.
- Technical questions were selected based on how often they come up in the industry. For example it isn’t as important to know the cutoff level for PCP as it is to know the cutoff level for THC.
If you’ve read our blog posts and become familiar with the 12 Panel Test cup, and read the informational Employee testing guide and expanded drug abbreviation page found there, good luck!